Ever since the Google+ has launched, I’ve been wondering if there’s any way to share the Google+ status with other Social networks like Facebook and Twitter. Recently, I shared an extension which lets users send the Google+ post url to Facebook and Twitter right from the Google+ homepage via ‘Send to’ Link. But the only problem with that extension is instead of sending the status, it sends the post’s url.
But I’ve found an another way to share Google+ status with other social networks. In this post, I’m going to tell you how you can update your Twitter status via Google+. You just need to setup an account on Twittermail. As it’s a one time requirement, you have to go through it first. Follow the step by step guide below.
Update Your Twitter Status Via Google+
1) Go to Twittermail, sign in using your Twitter credentials and authorize the app. When done, it will give you a secret email address. Don’t disclose this email address to anyone, if you disclose it, anyone will be able to update your Twitter status.
2) Now go the the Twittermail settings, where you can know your secret email address. Look up for ‘What to Tweet’ on the page and select ‘Subject’ from the drop-down menu and save the settings. Just have a look at the image below.
3) Note down your secret email address. Now login to your Google+ account, create a new circle and name it as ‘Twitter’. Add the secret email Address, you got from Twittermail, to ‘Twitter’ circle. Make sure you don’t add anyone else’s email address to this circle.
4) Once done, you’re ready to update your Twitter Status via Google+. Now, you just need to share a Google+ post with ‘Twitter’ Circle. You can add any other circle if you want your Google+ friends to see the post. Look at the image below, I’ve shared my post with ‘Twitter’ circle only.
5) Now hit the ‘Share’ button. Voila, you’ve just tweeted via Google+. As soon as you press the share button on Google+, your twitter status will automatically be updated by Twittermail within a few seconds. See, my twitter profile has just been updated via Google+ .
That’s it !!! You just have to setup Twittermail account only once. Now you don’t need to open a new tab for twitter if you’re already logged in to Google+. By the way, I’d love to hear your views in the comments section below. Please don’t forget the share the post if you like it, Sharing is Caring .
Do you know any other trick to share Google+ posts on other social networks. Do let us know about it.